Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Game Night

I had some family and friends over this past weekend for a game night. I had so much fun planning everything!! From the theme to the food to the decor! And of course the games. Here are some pictures (sorry about the wrong date on a few).

I went with black and red for my colors and worked everything around those.

My centerpiece was a clear glass cylinder that I filled with regular and oversized Checkers pieces. I made the signs with cardstock and scrapbooking paper. I found the perfect paper for the words, "Game Night"... it was black with dice all over it!


I made some garland using regular playing cards and red and black ribbon. I had an all red and black candy buffet; above that is where I hung the garland. The marshmallow treats you see... these were super easy to make and turned out so cute!!

I decided to do finger foods, welllll, because I love them and I'd come up with some neat game night food ideas. :) I covered my dining table with a black tablecloth, put my centerpiece in the middle, and the food arranged around that. You can see the entire table here and a close up of the Dominoes brownies and sugar cookie sandwiches (hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades)! I found the cookie cutters on Ebay!


And finally, the cupcakes and homemade picks! I printed some fun quotes on plain white paper, cut them out, glued them onto red circles, attached them to toothpicks, and stuck one in each cupcake! Some of the other sayings were, "Victory is sweet!" "What's the score?" "Time's up!" and "Play nice!"

Thanks so much for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Let me be the first to say..."Great Blog". You will be great at this, I can already tell. Your writing and the way you used your photos is great!

    I'm thrilled to have another blogger in the family! I have signed up as your first follower. I'll follow under one blog, and comment under the other.

    I hope you love doing your blog as much as I love doing mine. Have fun...Kathy

    ReplyDelete

I know that it requires you to take time out of your busy schedules to read my posts and then to comment on top of that... so thank you sooo much!!