Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Getting Started

Well I’ve finally decided to start a blog! It was about five months ago when I first thought about blogging. I put it off because I don't have internet access during the day, so I was afraid I wouldn't be able to maintain it. I'm eager to get started though, so I'm going to go ahead with it and catch up later if I have to. :)

I was planning my son Caden's first birthday party, scouring the internet for ideas, when I came across the wonderful world of blogs!! Sure I had heard of them, read some, even knew people who blogged (my mother-in-law is religious about posting to her two blogs!); but I didn't know all that could be done with a blog or the benefits of reading and/or having one. As I looked through the different ones I came across, there were several that just blew me away! I was impressed! I would lose track of time just reading ideas and looking at pictures. But I wasn't only impressed; I became inspired. Any time after that when I hosted a shower, threw a party, decorated for a ladies meeting at church, or just baked holiday goodies, I would think and brainstorm to come up with unique and interesting concepts. I've always loved coordinating and planning events, but it was like I developed this whole new outlook! I had so many ideas and was just looking for ways to make use of them. I enjoy it more now than I ever have! I love LOVE coming up with color schemes, themes, and ideas. Creating, acting them out, seeing everything come together... it's exciting to me! And so this blog is dedicated to all those little details that I’m nuts about and being able to have fun with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I know that it requires you to take time out of your busy schedules to read my posts and then to comment on top of that... so thank you sooo much!!