Sunday, July 11, 2010

Super Easy Peanut Butter Cookies

I haven't had a whole lot of time to blog this last week. Besides "normal, everyday" life, I was out of town with family and have now begun painting and redoing my kitchen.

For the Fourth of July, my husband (Brett) and son (Caden) and I, Brett's sister and her husband and daughter, and Brett's brother and his girlfriend all joined his parents for an overnight stay at the beach that is about an hour and half from where we live. We left Saturday morning and met them at a park on the island; we played games and grilled out til check-in time at the condo. We all took different foods (meat to grill, bread, condiments, chips, desserts, and drinks) to share. I made some brownies, cupcakes, and cookies. The cupcakes, I'll probably blog about later so that I can tell all of you about my new--and, yes, awesome!--cupcake carrier! =) Anyway, these cookies were THE easiest batch of homemade cookies I've ever made! The recipe called for a total of three ingredients!!

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg


Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until done.



These pictures are actually of the very first batch that I made (before our beach trip for a going away party). I'll admit that I was doubtful with only those three ingredients--no flour or baking soda, no butter, nothing else. But I was pleasantly surprised! For the second batch, I pressed a chocolate Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie right when I took the pan out of the oven. I liked them plain too, but the Kiss made them that much better! And I didn't take a picture. :(

Next time, I think I'll try them with chocolate chips, chocolate drizzled over them, or half dipped in chocolate. Any other ideas besides or in addition to chocolate?? What else goes so good with peanut butter though?! :)

Thanks for reading!
I'm linking to these parties:
Blessed with Grace

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I am having a hard time believing this, but your picture looks delish. Really no flour?! Sounds great. I have friends who can't have flour and they would love trying this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very good. I blogged the same recipe about a week ago, after I found it on the Premeditated Leftovers blog. It's funny that I'd never heard of this recipe before, and now everyone is talking about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks super yummy! Who doesn't like sugar and peanut butter?? I do! I do! I will for sure try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM these look so good!
    Be sure to stop by and check out my
    Best Chicken Strips Ever
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted about these cookies on my own site a few weeks ago! They are so good - I've made them multiple times now. I like to add a teaspoon of vanilla, and I've also been known to dump in a half cup of oatmeal (adds fiber and makes me feel MUCH less guilty). :-) - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the comments! I do love these cookies! Here it is, midnight in Georgia, and I want a peanut butter cookie!

    It is funny that I'd never seen or heard of this recipe--even though I've had that cookbook for well over a year now!--and when I finally discover and try it, I see that other ladies are also finding it! Oatmeal... that's a good idea! I have some in the pantry, so I may be baking tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete

I know that it requires you to take time out of your busy schedules to read my posts and then to comment on top of that... so thank you sooo much!!