Sunday, September 12, 2010

Thing 1 Thing 2 Baby Shower

Saturday morning, I helped host a baby shower for a friend who attends my church but is also my hair stylist. She's expecting twin boys next month! Browsing the internet for ideas, I came across the Thing 1 Thing 2 theme and loved it right away! Thing 1 and Thing 2 are characters in the Dr Seuss book, "The Cat in the Hat" and they were perfect for this shower that I'm sharing with all of you today.

The tables were set up to make one big rectangle. We covered them in blue and made these FuNKy centerpieces then added circle cutouts and a few other Dr Seuss books on the ends. At each seat, we had a plate and red and white checked/plaid napkin.


















Close-up of the centerpiece and a view from the top. You can also see the napkins better.



















This picture is a little blurry, here is the banner I made that said Things 1&2.








We made punch with sherbet ice cream and ginger ale (which I could drink every day I think!) and then floated this cute polka dot rubber ducky on top! It looked like it was in a bubble bath!















Here is the gift table with a "clothesline" on the front holding the Thing 1 and Thing 2 onesies that were decorations and gifts to the mom-to-be! Aren't they adorable!!










































Finally, the Thing 1 and Thing 2 cupcakes. They turned out so cuuute but the cotton candy, as I'd read, didn't stay fluffy for very long. Glad I got the picture when I did. :) Also on the cake table, I had a pail of peppermints and a framed sign that said, "A little something to thank you for coming."


















Thanks for stopping by! I'll be linking up to some parties:
Photobucket


Thanks for hosting!!


7 comments:

  1. The theme and the decorations are adorable. I loved the duck in the punch, and those "hairy" cupcakes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute theme, and how perfect for a boy twins baby shower! Great job, I'm sure the momma was quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great. You always have the best ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!! I love anything Dr. Seuss...
    Jackie's 1st b-day was a Cat in the Hat theme! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everybody!! I've got another shower coming hopefully this afternoon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Beautiful table setting and the cat in the hat theme looks great. You are a good friend for helping with the baby shower.I'm sure that the Mother to be was pleased. I'm a follower.

    ReplyDelete

I know that it requires you to take time out of your busy schedules to read my posts and then to comment on top of that... so thank you sooo much!!